VVIP BLOG INI

Listen! Listen! Listen! Bawani vs Sharifah Zohra

Posted by ||Aku Pemikir|| | Posted on 2/18/2013 10:03:00 am

Salam





A good leader is not only a good speaker, he should also be a good listener.

I want to bring forward a well known case between Bawani and Sharifah Zohra Jabeen. Bawani stood up and gave her opinion, but then came Sharifah, who stopped her, pulled back the microphone and forced Bawani to listen to her. In her defense, Sharifah said that she gave space and time to Bawani to voice out and now it is time for Bawani to listen.

My friends, this is the wrong example of a listener. Sharifah failed to show that she is a good listener.

As a young enthusiastic leader, to be a good listener is a tough job. Not many young leader wants to listen to what their followers and friends want to say. All they want is their opinions and ideas being listened by everybody, not on the contrary. Same as Bawani and Sharifah's incident, Sharifah did not give chance for Bawani to finish what she wanted to say. We can see that it is hard for Sharifah to wait until Bawani finishes her questions.

So am I, I am not a good listener myself. I still remember my early university year, when I was given a leadership role, I did not listen enough. During my late year, i realized my weakness and I try to change bit by bit. I hold to The Law of Process, I am learning each and every day. Even until now, I am still learning to be a good listener.

To be understood, we must understand others first. To make others appreciate us, we must appreciate others first. As well as to be listened, we have to be able to listen to others first.

Our followers and friends will be more appreciative and start to build trust to leaders who are willing to listen. Lend our ear, seal our lips and start to listen.

"A good listener is not someone with nothing to say. A good listener is a good talker with a sore throat.."- Katherine Whitehorn

LISTEN ! LISTEN! LISTEN!


 p/s: If you like to hear more about my ideas and opinion about leadership, can like my FB page Leadership In The Eyes of A Young Doctor, click HERE 

Comments (0)